

I took these today through the glass of my back seat ride. What are these people doing? I've been taking pictures as I drive along... because I know I'll like to look at these scenes later and wonder about these people. I see lots of people on their way somewhere, or resting, or waiting for something to happen. I can't sit and observe these people because that's just not part of what I get to do while I'm here in Kabul. I can sit and watch soldiers on the military bases. I can also watch the Afghans with whom I work, or I can gaze out my one-way, mirrored glass windows at those Afghans wandering down the street past the villa. I've got lots more to show you, but I'll not show them all at once, or they'll lose their significance. I hope you'll find something in these photos that fascinates you. What a wierd place this is.

2 comments:
I would wonder too---their lives must be so different than ours here in the US, but probably a lot alike in some ways too. Love you!
Hey Mike! Just got a chance to look at your blog again today. Looks like you have been getting around town a bit. Pretty cool pictures of the countryside. It all looks very interesting and exciting!
Post a Comment