Thursday, October 9, 2008

First leg


Today I flew from Kansas City to Atlanta Georgia. I'll spend the night near the MACTEC office in Kennesaw, a nearby (KSU) college town. No, that's not Kansas State either. Tomorrow I'll receive my orientation, my new laptop (I finally got one!) and jump on the 9 pm flight direct to Dubai.
In the photo we see two little boys who crowded my lap in the diner just before my departure. Sam proudly sports his new Power Ranger costume. Ben left his PR costume in my bed late last night after he ventured in during the wee hours as he does every night. Without him kneeing me in the back for these next 3 months I will surely sleep more soundly. I have brought along his little stuffed lamb, Sidney, to comfort me and remind me of his sweetness. Both kids and Sarah gave Sidney hugs and kisses before he climbed into my backpack. I'll get a photo of him for a future blog entry.
Tonight I had dinner with Buddy Allgood, the generous man who could perceive in my resume that I was capable of doing great things and offered me this fascinating new job.


4 comments:

Tamara said...

Cute picture. I'm really excited for you. I think the boys would probably love it if you took some pics of Sidney in exotic new locations (kind of like he's on his own "vacation"). That's super sweet that Ben sent him with you. Love you!

Laura said...

We'll miss you Mike. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures. Take care of yourself. See you in a few months!

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

Well Hello! I was hoping you would start a blog or something so we can keep up to date on our adventures!

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

How sweet that he sent Sidney lamb with you!