
Today I was done sleeping around 3 am. I watched some TV and then cleaned out 250 old emails from my gmail account (who ever has time for mailbox maintenance?) Then at 7:30 am, I left the hotel on foot and walked the creek from the clocktower roundabout to the water taxis (Abra), crossed the creek to the old-city market, bought leather sandals (due to some forming heel blisters) & also an Afghan Punji suit. I visited the Dubai city museum, took the Abra back, ate a Shawarma (a spicy chicken-wrap) and walked home. I probably walked 5-6 miles. I found a big mall just before I got back to the hotel, where I had a much needed ice-cream cone... it is about 90 degrees here. Once clean-showered, I hit the sack very tired around 3:30. I just got up at 7 when the turn-down steward came by to fix my bed-sheets. Well it was too late for that! I photographed lots of stunning architecture and views of the old market, harbor and water-taxis. It has been fascinating but very lonely... I wish I had friend with whom to explore!
I've requested a 4 am wake-up call to help me make my 7 am flight departure. I expect I'll be up by then due to jet lag anyway, so I sure hope I find it "easy" to get up so early! The next blog will be from the Kabul villa.

1 comment:
This is so cool. I love seeing your pictures. Take lots and lots of pictures. I want to see every one of them!
Post a Comment