Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Comparing Climates


Many friends have asked me how the climate compares between Kabul and our home of Liberty MO. You can see from these two "averages" charts, which I obtained from http://www.weather.com/ that there isn't much difference in temperatures. Orange are the high averages and blue are the low averages for each month of the year. The big change in Kabul will be the lack of humidity and the excessive rainfall during winter months, which is not indicated here. Also it is very dusty there.

Yes, I leave home tomorrow and yes it is just past midnight here. I have been in and out of bed more than half a dozen times tonight, sometimes just 10 to 15 minutes apart, fetching this or that so that I may stuff more and more into my backpack for the big journey.

Note the scenic banner photo at the top of my blog. That was taken Sunday by my sister's husband Kyle. Just about 48 hours ago I was recovering from a 4x4 excursion up Lake Mountain in Utah and 48 hours from now I'll be hanging out in Dubai, trying to get over jet-lag and enduring temperatures in the upper 90's! (You can check the Dubai averages on your own.)

1 comment:

csbmom said...

Mike! I'm going to miss you. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You better stay out of trouble & be safe! Did you vote before you left?