

A few photos here of the countryside around Kabul. Yes, the terrain is breathtaking... but so is the atmosphere. It is dry and dusty, and thus I am thirsty all the time. Some say the dust we breath is more than just dirt... it is dirt created by a civilization without flush-toilets. There remain littered across the landscape many carcasses of vehicles, tanks and machinery, primarily from the war with Russia. There are many bombed out buildings left to demolish. Unfortunately there are also hundreds of thousands of mines scattered among these things, making it tough to take equipment out there to clean all this junk away.

1 comment:
Hi, Mike...thanks so much for adding anonymous to our comment options. The pictures of the countryside are interesting. How are the people you are working with? Have you adjusted to the jet lag yet? I have so many questions. Stay safe and know you are loved. I talked to Ben, Sam and Sarah last night. They were good. I'll be calling them at 7:30every Sunday evening. Mother
Post a Comment