
Remember that Afghan suit I bought in Dubai? Well, that has a name: Shalwar Kameez. At our Thanksgiving party on the Villa rooftop terrace, there were four Westerners who wore their traditional Afghan outfits. I put mine on when I saw that two of our guests and our office leader wore theirs. I also had a hat. 

We had 4 turkeys, including two that were fried, which had been delivered alive to us just two days before. They were a gift from the fellow in the black Shalwar Kameez. I heard he brought them over in the back of his SUV, and when the guard opened the gate, he just tossed them in. The male was totally eyeing our two pink flamingos. We named them Osama and Obama. Can't say which was the female.
I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. I hope I never spend another one without my wife and kids.

3 comments:
What interesting experiences you are having out there. Though I imagine it is tough to be far from family on a consistent basis let alone on a holiday. I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving despite being away from your family. I have read some of your blog and I very much enjoy your writing. Very well written and very insightful. Thanks for sharing.
We all missed you Mike. It's strange though...well, I guess you could say a bit less sad knowing we'll see you soon for a bit. I know it gives the family something to look forward to.
You look really cool and rugged in that picture. Is that a beard?
Post a Comment