Monday, June 8, 2009

Accident Site and Other Scenery


Here is the view of my accident site from last month's bike wreck. I was down in Texas working for another two weeks and took a drive over there to recollect. I had bought a gift certificate to a fancy restaurant in Texarkana and delivered it to Brett, the man who rescued me and drove me to the hospital some 25 miles away. He didn't recognize me on his doorstep, as I had been barely dressed in my scanty hospital garb with tubes and bandages last time we met. While photographing, I met a neighbor who had seen Brett load me and my bike into his truck and take off with me. She sent me his driveway, which I could barely remember, but I knew I was there when I found it. Perhaps I'll be back soon and can develop a real friendship with him. He was truly the Good Samaritan that day.

Northeast Texas sprouts lots of lovely roadside wildflowers. Here is a shot from a highway offramp. The last photo I shot in the local cemetery where I took a walk one evening after a long day in dusty wharehouses. What a parallel to spend the day in dusty environs of stacked crates and old engines and then come to this tranquil and lovely place full of memories of the living and fresh flora.

1 comment:

Thomas' Family said...

Hey Mike it look like were you had your bike wreck was very pretty