
Kabul is a very dusty and dirty place. When you go outside, the air stinks of exhaust from the diesel generators that power the villas in the neighborhood. Remember that public electricity is only available for a few hours every 2nd to 4th day. At night, now that winter is here, it also smells of wood fires too. Because Kabul is surrounded by very high mountains, called the Hindu Kush, the pollution doesn't float away. It is very dusty here too and most streets are packed dirt. In the

photos you'll see a boy sweeping the muddy street behind his house. I took that today through my staircase window. He's standing in a very shallow puddle. I suppose his mom sent him out there to clean up a bit. Yuck. The other photo shows my carpet after I packed away my rug, which I shipped home today. That rug only lay there for about two months. I know the cleaning ladies vacuum my room about once a week. Extra Yuck.
2 comments:
I need to call you again soon! If I wait a few days I can do it on the phone : ). Love you!
Think about what you just shipped home... 2 months of "yuck." ;) Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment