Saturday, May 9, 2009

tangle with a pitbull

This was not my best week ever, but it sure was exciting! Monday after work Troy ran our truck out of gas and we had to spend several hours waiting on security staff from the Army Depot to help us fetch gas in a 1-gallon water jug. The next day we went off-roading and got the truck really muddy, but we also loosened up a nail so the tire was nearly flat Wednesday morning. After a torrential rainstorm, Troy and replaced the tire without even getting our pants muddy. That evening, I decided to go for a bike ride... all was well till I ran into a pitbull dashing across the road. I flipped over my handelbars, broke two of my ribs and my lung collapsed 20%. A neighbor in a pickup picked me up and drove me to the nearest hospital 25 miles away in Texarkana. I spent 3 days there, recovering with much road rash after lots of x-rays, a cat-scan and some unwanted poking and prodding. All things considered, I'm very fortunate. My helmet protected my brain, my good looks are intact and I have no broken apendages! I was released today and should be home in Liberty Monday night.

1 comment:

Matt, Rachel, Madden and Halle said...

Wow Mike! Glad to hear you are ok. Take it easy and make sure your wounds are fully healed! Take Care!